Walsh: Extravagant Kid To Remain Overseas, Target July Cup

Following a strong third-place effort in the Group 1 King’s Stand Stakes at Royal Ascot last week, trainer Brendan Walsh told TVG Insider News he plans to leave Extravagant Kid overseas to contest the G1 July Cup on Newmarket on July 10.

“He’s come out of (the King’s Stand) good so we’re going to leave him there and take a shot at the July Cup,” Walsh told TVG Insider News. “He’s there and he ran so well at Ascot, so another 3-4 weeks there, why not? He’s in a nice environment and he seems to be doing well. And I think the timing would be good.”

Claimed by Walsh and DARRS, Inc. for $75,000 in January of 2018, the 8-year-old gelding has gotten better with age. Extravagant Kid earned his first Grade 1 victory earlier this year in Dubai’s Al Quoz Sprint, and his overall record currently stands at 15-16-7 from 51 starts for earnings of $1,634,733.

Read more at TVG Insider News.

The post Walsh: Extravagant Kid To Remain Overseas, Target July Cup appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

DYFD Winter - 300x90

Comments are closed.