Irish Regulatory Board Bans Jockey Four Months Over ‘Inappropriate’ Video With Dead Horse

After a Wednesday hearing, the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board issued a four-month ban to jockey Rob James as a result of a video circulated on social media showing the rider sitting atop a dead horse, reports The Irish Sun.

The IHRB said: “The Referrals Committee found Mr. James in breach of Rule 272 (i) in that he acted in a manner which was prejudicial to the integrity, proper conduct and good reputation of horseracing. They imposed a 12 month suspension of his Qualified Riders licence and Handlers Permit with the last eight of this suspended.”

James issued a public apology via The Irish Field after the video first became public.

“I would just like of apologize for my actions which were wholly inappropriate and disrespectful to a lovely 5-year-old mare, who unfortunately suffered a sudden cardiac arrest while at exercise earlier that morning, April 30, 2016,” James said. “To try defending my stupidity at the time would add further insult and hurt to the many loyal people that have supported me during my career. I have caused embarrassment to my employers, my family and most importantly the sport I love.”

Read more at The Irish Sun.

The post Irish Regulatory Board Bans Jockey Four Months Over ‘Inappropriate’ Video With Dead Horse appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

DYFD Winter - 300x90

Comments are closed.