Aqueduct’s Thanksgiving Day Program Cancelled Due To Forecast Of Dangerously High Winds

The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) has canceled Thursday’s Thanksgiving Day live racing program at Aqueduct Racetrack due to dangerously high winds forecast to impact the New York City metropolitan area throughout the day.

The National Weather Service, as well as NYRA’s independent weather forecasting services, are calling for sustained high winds throughout the day with gusts in excess of 40 mph. As a result, NYRA has canceled live racing on Thursday in the interest of the safety of all participants.

Aqueduct Racetrack will remain open for simulcasting on Thursday until 6 p.m.

The Grade 3, $200,000 Fall Highweight, initially scheduled for Thursday, will now be run on Sunday. The $100,000 Central Park and $150,000 Winter Memories will be rescheduled for a date to be determined.

Live racing is scheduled to resume at Aqueduct on Friday, with a first post of 11:50 a.m.

The post Aqueduct’s Thanksgiving Day Program Cancelled Due To Forecast Of Dangerously High Winds appeared first on Horse Racing News | Paulick Report.

DYFD Winter - 300x90

Comments are closed.